Welcoming You Back Safely to Martin & Phelps Hair & Beauty Salon in Cheltenham
In accordance with latest guidance from the UK Government and Public-Health England (PHE) we are doing everything we can to ensure our salon is a safe and welcoming environment for you and our staff.
We will continue to monitor guidelines from the government, take action and update you accordingly. We will ensure that:
- The salon will be deep cleaned regularly
- Hand sanitisers will be available on entry and throughout the salon
- Perspex screens are installed at Reception
- Perspex screens are installed at all Manicure/Pedicure stations
- Screens are in place between seats at backwash
- There will be a minimum of 2m between Styling/Manicure stations
- Maximum fresh air ventilation will be maintained
- Social distancing markers placed where appropriate
- One way system introduced to reduce congestion
- Separate room allocated for over 65’s and most vulnerable clients on request
How To Make An Appointment
Appointments must be pre-booked either by :
- Online Bookings are open and to the right hand side of this page.
- Phone – 01242 523568
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
What to Expect Prior To Your Appointment
- Your Stylist/Therapist may need to conduct a phone consultation to ensure sufﬁcient time is booked out for your appointment
- A colour patch test may be required 48hrs prior to your appointment.
- Reception will phone to conﬁrm your appointment and answer any queries you have.
- Along with your appointment reminder a link to our Covid-19 health questionnaire will be emailed to you to complete and additional information as to what to expect on the day.
What to Expect at Your Appointment
There will be limited waiting areas to avoid issues with self-distancing so please arrive on time for your appointment and phone the salon if you are running late.
- Please only bring essential items with you to your appointment.
- A sealable bag in which to place your items will be provided on entry to the salon.
- Your temperature will be checked with a contact free thermometer on arrival. Anyone showing any sign fever (38* or above) will be asked to leave and not return for 14 days.
- You will be asked to use the hand sanitiser units on entry and exit.
- On arrival each client will be given a freshly laundered (at 60*) gown and face mask
- All towels will only be used once and laundered at 60* and disposable capes used.
- Only one stylist/therapist will attend to you during your entire appointment and will wear a combination of disposable/reusable face masks, face shields and aprons.
- Each station and backwash will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitised between clients with sufﬁcient time to ensure a strict regime is completed.
- All hair and beauty tools will be cleaned and sanitised prior to use on each client.
- Hot and cold drinks will be available and served in either disposable cups or cups, saucers and glasses washed in dishwasher at 60*.
- No magazines will be available.
- The cloakroom will be available on request only so that sanitisation can be monitored.
- All Manicure/Pedicure appointments will be asked to make payment on arrival and bring their own ﬂip ﬂops where appropriate. If standard polish is used, no drying time can be allowed for.
- Your bill can be settled at Reception and preferably by card.
- No cash will be taken.
- Future appointments can be booked quickly at Reception but we may ask to phone you later to avoid congestion in the salon.
- All clients must wear a mask unless exempt – please advise us of this when booking your appointment.
There will be no increase in prices at this time however, a £5 Covid-19 surcharge will be added to your bill to ensure we can make the salon as safe as possible for all our clients and staff.
This cost will contribute towards PPE, additional hygiene measures, reduced capacity and longer appointment times. This is a temporary charge but will continue for as long as required.
Thank you for your support and understanding We Look forward to seeing you soon!